Ovispace Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Modified: 1st September, 2017
The terms and conditions of use shown here (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms and Conditions") set forth the terms between FLAMYTECH COMPUTERS LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") and users (hereinafter referred to as the "User" or "Users", depending on context) of any of the services or features of OVISPACE (hereinafter referred to as the "Service"), which is provided by the Company.
The following words and terms shall have the meanings set forth below when they are used in the Terms and Conditions:
- "content(s)" means data, such as, text, audio files, music, images, videos, software, programs, computer code, documents, and the like.
- "Content(s)" means content(s) that may be accessed through the Service.
- "Submitted Content(s)" means content(s) that Users have submitted, transmitted, or uploaded to the Service.
- "Sticker(s)" refers to the virtual stickers which are offered by the Company to the Users.
- "Gift(s)" refers to the virtual gifts which are offered by the Company to the Users.
- "Separate Terms and Conditions" means documents released or uploaded by the Company that pertain to the Service, under the title "agreement", "guideline","policy", and the like.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions
- If there are Separate Terms and Conditions for the Service, Users also shall comply with such Separate Terms and Conditions as well as the Terms and Conditions.
3. Modification of the Terms and Conditions
The Company may modify the Terms and Conditions or Separate Terms and Conditions whenever the Company deems necessary, without giving any prior notice to Users. The modification will become effective once the modified Terms and Conditions or Separate Terms and Conditions are posted on an appropriate location within the website or app operated by the Company. Users shall be deemed to have granted valid and irrevocable consent to the modified Terms and Conditions or Separate Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the Service. Users shall refer to the Terms and Conditions on a regular basis when using the Service, since a separate notification regarding the modification to Terms and Conditions may not be provided.
4. User Account
- Each User, when providing information about him/herself to the Company, shall provide genuine, accurate, and complete information while using the Service, and keep such information up-to-date at all times.
- A unique passcode is automatically generated for each user upon registration on the Service. And a User may change his/her passcode. Users shall exercise due care and responsibility in order for the passcode not to be used in an unlawful manner. The Company may treat all activities conducted with the passcode as activities that have been conducted by the account holder associated with that very passcode.
- While it is the desire of the Company not to lose any User, any registered User to the Service may delete his/her account and withdraw from using the Service, at any time.
- The Company may suspend or delete a User's account without giving any prior notice to the User, if the Company has reason to believe that the User is violating or has violated the Terms and Conditions.
- The Company reserves the right to delete any account that has been inactive for a period of a year or more since its last activation, without any prior notice to the User.
- A User's right to use the Service shall expire when his/her account has been deleted for any reason. The deleted account cannot be retrieved, even if the User accidentally deleted the account, and the Company asks Users to be conscious of this.
- Each account in the Service is for the exclusive use and belongs solely to the owner of the account. Users may not transfer or lend their accounts to any third party, nor may their accounts be inherited by any third party.
- The Company places its highest priority on the privacy of its Users.
- The Company promises to exercise utmost care and attention regarding its security measures for the continued security of any and all User information.
6. Provision of the Service
- Users shall supply the necessary smartphone device, communication device, operating system, and data connection necessary for using the Service under Users' own responsibility and at Users' own expense.
- The Company reserves the right to limit access to the whole or part of the Service, depending on conditions that the Company deems necessary, such as age, identification, credit status, current membership status, and the like.
- The Company reserves the right to modify or cease, at the Company's own discretion, the whole or part of the Service at any time, without any prior notice to the Users.
7. Incapability of Emergency Calls
The Service cannot be depended on for emergency voice calls, such as those made to law enforcement agencies, maritime safety authorities, fire brigade, or other emergency services.
The Company reserves the right to provide Users with advertisements for the Company or a third party, through the Service.
9. Business Partners' Services
Contents or other services offered by other business partners co-operating with the Company may be included within the Service. The business partners bear all responsibility regarding such contents and/or services offered. Furthermore, such contents and services may be governed by the explicit terms and conditions etc., which are set accordingly by the business partners.
- The Company grants Users the non-transferable, non-re-licensable, non-exclusive license to use the Contents provided by the Company, only for the purpose of using the Service.
- Users shall abide by the appropriate conditions when using Contents which are subject to additional fees and periods of use. Notwithstanding the situations where phrases such as "Buy", "Purchase", "Sales," and the like, display on the Service screens, the Company shall remain the holder of all intellectual property rights as well as all other rights in the Contents offered to Users by the Company, and such rights shall not be transferred to Users.
- Users shall not use the Contents beyond the scope of the intended use of the Contents in the Service (including but not limited to, copying, transmission, reproduction, modification).
- If Users wish to back-up the whole or part of the Submitted Contents, they will need to do so themselves. The Company will not undertake the obligation of backing up any of the Submitted Contents.
- The Service may include ffeatures like in the "Timeline", where multiple users may post, correct, edit, and delete items. In such cases, the User who posted his/her Submitted Contents has to allow other Users to fancy, share and even report the Submitted Contents.
- Users shall maintain the rights regarding their Submitted Contents just as before, and the Company shall not acquire any rights to such contents. However, if the Submitted Contents are visible, not just to the User's "friends", but to all the other Users, the User who posts the Submitted Content shall grant the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense such content to other third parties working together with the Company), for an indefinite period, to use (after modifying such content, if the Company deems it necessary and proper) such content for services and/or promotional purposes.
- The Company may check the details of Submitted Contents, when the Company believes that the Submitted Contents may violate related laws or provisions set out in the Terms and Conditions. However, the Company is not obligated to conduct such investigations.
- If the Company believes that the User has violated or may violate applicable laws or provisions in the Terms and Conditions related to Submitted Contents, then the Company reserves the right to preclude the User's use of the Submitted Contents in certain manners, such as deleting the Submitted Content without providing the User with any prior notice.
- Credits will be provided for Users by the means specified by the Company, such as purchases, special offers, and the like. Details regarding payment methods, currencies, units, and all other conditions regarding Credits will be decided by the Company and displayed accordingly on the Service.
- Credits can be exchanged or transferred for purposes of puchasing products and/or services offered on the Service. The number of Credits required for purchasing the offered products, services, contents, and the like will be decided by the Company and displayed accordingly on the Service.
- Credits may only be used by the account that purchased them, unless transferred to another User by the owner. Furthermore, Credits can be carried over by Users or combined between devices running on different operating systems.
- Credits cannot be refunded for any reason. However, this does not apply if required by applicable laws. If this occurs, the Company shall process refunds in accordance with the relevant laws, and such information will be made available on the Company's website, etc.
Users shall not engage in the following when using the Service:
- Activities that violate the law, court verdicts, resolutions or orders, or administrative measures that are legally binding.
- Activities that may hinder public order or customs.
- Activities that infringe intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademarks and patents, fame, privacy, and all other rights of the Company and/or a third party granted by the law or contract.
- Activities that post or transmit violent or sexual expressions; expressions that lead to discrimination by race, national origin, creed, sex, social status, family origin, etc.; expressions that induce or encourage suicide, self-injury behavior, or drug abuse; or anti-social expressions that include anti-social content and lead to the discomfort of others.
- Activities that lead to the misrepresentation of the Company and/or a third party, or intentionally spread false information.
- Activities such as sending messages indiscriminately to numerous Users (except for those approved by the Company), indiscriminately adding Users as Friends or to Group Chats, or any other activities deemed to be spamming by the Company.
- Activities that exchange the right to use the Contents into cash, property or other economic benefits without Company's authorization.
- Activities that use the Service for sales, marketing, advertisement, soliciting or other commercial purposes (except for those approved by the Company); use the Service for the purpose of sexual conducts or obscene acts; use the Service for the purpose of meeting a person for sexual encounters; use the Service for the purpose of harassments or libelous attacks against other Users; or use the Service for purposes other than the Service's true intent.
- Activities that benefit or collaborate with anti-social groups.
- Activities that are related to non-government-approved religious activities or invitations to non-government-approved religious groups.
- Activities that illegally or improperly lead to the collection, disclosure, or provision of other's personal information, registered information, user history, or the like.
- Activities that interfere with the servers and/or network systems of the Service; that abuse the Service by means of robots, cheat tools, or other technical measures; that deliberately use defects of the Service; that make unreasonable inquires and/or undue claims such as repeatedly asking the same question beyond what is necessary, and that interfere with the Company's operation of the Service or Users' use of the Service.
- Activities that aid or encourage any activity stated in Clauses "12 a" to "12 i" above.
- Other activities that are deemed by the Company to be inappropriate.
13. User Responsibility
- Users shall use this Service at his/her own risk, and shall bear all responsibility for actions carried out and their results upon this Service.
- The Company may take measures that the Company considers necessary and appropriate, if the Company finds out that a User is using the service in a way which violates the Terms and Conditions. However, the Company shall not be responsible for correcting or preventing such violation towards Users or others.
- In the case where the Company has suffered loss/damage or has been charged an expense (including but not limited to lawyer's fees) directly or indirectly (including but not limited to cases where the Company has been sued for damages by a third party) due to a User violating applicable laws or the Terms and Conditions while using the Service, the User shall immediately compensate the Company upon its request.
14. The Company's Exemption of Liability
- The Company does not expressly or impliedly guarantee that the Service (including the Contents) are free from de facto or legal flaws (including but not limited to stability, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, fitness for certain purposes, security-related faults, errors, bugs, or infringements of rights). The Company shall not be responsible for providing the Service without such defects.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any damage inflicted on Users in relation to the use of the Service. However, if the agreement (including but not limited to the Terms and Conditions) between the Company and Users regarding the Service shall be deemed as a consumer contract under the Consumer Contract Law in Nigeria, then this exemption clause shall not be applied.
- Notwithstanding the condition stated in clause "14 a" above, the Company shall not be responsible for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages (including but not limited to such damages that the Company or Users predicted or could have predicted) with respect to the Company's contractual default or act of tort due to the Company's negligence (except for gross negligence). The compensation for ordinary damages in respect to the Company's contractual default or act of tort due to the Company's negligence (except for gross negligence) shall be limited to the total amount of received fees from the User in the particular calendar month in which such damage occurred.
15. Notification and Contact
- When the Company notifies or contacts Users regarding the Service, the Company may use a method that the Company considers appropriate, such as contacting via the Service, sending emails, posting on the website operated by the Company.
- When Users notifies or contacts the Company in regard to the Service, Users shall use either of the contact forms available on the Service and website operated by the company, designated email addresses or other means designated by the Company.
16.Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Conflicts that arise from the Service or conflicts between Users and the Company related to the Service will be governed primarily under the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.